Early version Iron Angels Fighter Squadron patch, which squadron era?

Siamundo

I thought I would post this to ask if anyone know which squadron wore or which era it was worn it. I am more familiar with the somewhat light bulb shaped which I believe was worn when the squadron was designated VF-53 between 1963 and 1971. Prior to that, if my information is correct, the squadron was VF-141 between 1953 and 1963 and began as VF-721 from 1950 to 1953. I think the squadron nickname "Iron Angels" stayed the same during the re-designations. This version is embroidered on wool and I am guessing it is either VF-721 or VF-141 but I don't know. Thank you for any insight.

post-2744-0-46051500-1459720136.jpg

Johnny Signor

I was going to say WW2 era , but a man I made a leather patch version of it in the "Lightbulb" shape also said that one was VF-14 ???????

post-2068-0-03453100-1459748016.jpg

Thank you Jeffro and Johnnie. I would not have guessed VF-14 as I thought they were always known as the "Tophatters", but I could be wrong. Initially I thought the construction might be WW II vintage but I was never able to run across anything mentioning the Iron Angels pre 1950.