A house down the street was cleaned out and all the contents piled in the front yard and I was able to save a pendulum wall clock named to a USMC officer. The etching on the glass states " Capt. Charles E. Langin, Never Late for Duty, 16SEP1948 - 31OCT1978". I quick search shows he was an enlisted aviation Marine (unk MOS), recruiter and then an officer. It does look like he had time in Korea and Vietnam. DOB 26JUL1930 in Alma Gratiot MI and DOD 01MAY2003 in Topock AZ. He was commissioned 27MAY1966 and made Capt. on 29MAY1969. I believe that this a reserve commission as it lists his permanent rank as E-7. I could find very little else on him but he was married to Meta Whiteford Brinson who passed away 24FEB1993 in Prescott AZ.

The clock mechanism (two AA batteries) does not work but could be replaced with a new one. It is made of solid wood and it is in good shape. The maker is Hanover Quartz Pendulum and measures 25" X 14" X 3.25". I believe that the clock was made in 1992 as there is a stamp on the back 9-92. Could have been a reunion piece if 1992 is correct or at least a retirement gift in 1978.

I would love to find a home for this clock so if anybody wants it they can have it for free but you would have to pay for shipping (I am guessing the shipping cost would be twenty to thirty dollars) or come to Flagstaff and pick it up.

Mason

post-144745-0-74360600-1459652241.jpg

Patchcollector

Cool item.They may have given it to him just for showing up on time for 30 years!The mechanism can be replaced pretty easily.You could post it on your local Craigslist.