Vietnam War Tiger Stripe Swim Trunks

mostly60s

Found these at a local thrift store today: Vietnam War Tiger Stripe Swim Trunks

They have some writing in blue marker on the back pockets, but it's faded and hard to see.

Otherwise, these are in really nice shape.

Who would have worn these things, Navy Seals?

It's nice to know that you can still find something good at a thrift store if you keep at it.

Visit My Website

post-2606-1220572251.jpg

post-2606-1220572271.jpg

post-2606-1220572298.jpg

Who would have worn these things, Navy Seals?

SEALs would have worn these trunks, but the real answer is anyone who wanted a pair of shorts. I have a pair that came from a USMC adviser to the VNMC -- I'm sure he just used them for casual wear.

Bill

Im always looking for a pair of these to at my local thrift store. Nice score. Question for you how do I get in contact with you if I ant to buy some items from your site. thanks jeff

These look like cut-down Trousers (with regular pockets; which would cause a lot of drag, when swimming); rather than Navy issue swim trunks.

"These look like cut-down Trousers (with regular pockets; which would cause a lot of drag, when swimming); rather than Navy issue swim trunks."

I beg to differ, the extra button and that metal clasp on the inside of the waistband is the same as ALL tiger shorts I've seen/owned.

Isn't there a difference between Shorts, & Swim Trunks? Shouldn't there be a Government Issue Label in supplied swim trunks?