Hello and help with a T-33 seat project

Harveydog

First off hello all. Brand new to the site, and this is my first post. My dad was in the Air Force back in the early 60's as a Weapons and Air Traffic Controller. I have a pic of him from 1964 when he was 21 standing next to a T-33 after his flight. He got to see all the major advances in jet aviation and is a big plan buff. Well it rubbed off on me big time. Now that Im older and have a little money to enjoy I got me a T-33 ejection seat to restore and put that picture on it in my office. So anyone out there who has parts to spare please let me know. I know most of you guys are like me and have all sorts of goodies stashed on shelves in your work shops lol. Or if any of you have a friend who would part with stuff send them my way. Thanks for any help!

northcoastaero

Welcome to the forum! Just curious, is the seat green, black, or gray in color? Is there a serial number or acft. tail number

on the front where the seat parachute harness back rests? Are there any canopy breakers installed on the headrest? Any data

plates? Sorry for all of the questions. Just trying to get an idea of the era of the seat. flighthelmet.com is a major dealer

in flight gear and ejection seat parts. You may want to check out their website along with ebay.com . I believe there are at

least a couple of topics somewhere on this forum about T-33 seats. I have had nine-ten ejection seats in the past, but no T-33.

Currently, I am waiting for a few parts for a Martin-Baker GRU-5 A-6 Intruder project seat. Then it will be for sale. Good

luck with your restoration.