1/6 scale War of 1812 U.S. Marine

CesarD

My young Leatherneck has just been assigned to the U.S.S. Constitution as part of the ships guard. During the War of 1812, there were approximately 1,200 U.S. Marines and that included the officers. My private is armed with the Brown Bess short India pattern musket, a favorite of most of the Marines at the time. His cross belts are carrying the 1808 ammo box and a period scabbard and bayonet.

The U.S.S. Constitution never lost a battle and her most famous encounter was with the British HMS Guerriere. The Wars first Marine officer casualty was Lt. Bush who was attempting to board the Guerriere.

My 1812 Marine (the first of many periods to come) is totally custom except for the shoes, ammo box and bayonet from BGT. The musket is from Tony Barton. The shako, shako plate and belt plate are 3D printed, flocked and customized by me. The uniform is custom and leggings made by my Dear old Mom. I added the yellow frogging and 3D marine buttons. The cross belts and scabbard are custom by me and the ammo box is BGT but modified to represent the 1808 ammo box used by the U.S. Army.

The Ships section was more work than I anticipated but important for showing the heights scaled by soldiers and sailors of the U.S. Navy in order to get a better shot at the enemy or for that matter to operate a sailing ship of the 19th century.

This Marine will soon be transferring to a High School JROTC display case to be followed by a Sgt. Thanks for looking.

26078308096_fd2aa693e5_b.jpg

25831403780_242e6ec7de_b.jpg

25831390610_b3c916619b_z.jpg

What! I have to go up there?!

26078365526_5d34557ac5_z.jpg

26011686702_a8d0021d22_z.jpg

Proud Kraut

A superb figure, very well done, thanks for sharing! I especially like the last picture. How many hours/days did you spend to realize the uniform & ship section?

A superb figure, very well done, thanks for sharing! I especially like the last picture. How many hours/days did you spend to realize the uniform & ship section?

Thanks for the nice compliments. I tell you the ships section and ropes took me a few days to make and rigging it to the ceiling in my basement wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The uniform was custom but it took a few days to put it all of it together.

Unbelievably superb, you have great talent with an incredible eye for detail. We look forward to your future efforts.

Nice figure. Always like to see historical stuff regarding the US Marine Corps.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Below is my War of 1812 U.S. Marine Sergeant to update and accompany the original post. The uniform is the same except for the NCO epaulets on both shoulders, the waist sash and an Army Rose 1812 sword he was assigned. The shako was a little different, rather than a red wool tuft in front, he used a red feather plume finished off with a leather cockade. Our Sgt., also would have been assigned the Brown Bess short India pattern musket and equipment. His leather bayonet belt would also accommodate his NCO sword.

The uniform is all custom with me adding all the uniform details. The sword hilt and musket is from Tony Barton but scabbard and blade is the usmc Caltek sword modified.

Thanks for looking!

28104644281_532e242789_b.jpg

27567293083_850db4efa5_b.jpg

28104643041_1e88697298_b.jpg

28104644751_1b00fc2898_b.jpg

27566895944_e960ba67dc_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...