New medal, Inherent Resolve published today

ocsfollowme

Just a quick word about the NDSM vs the GWOTSM. I'm a NG/reserve retiree. We have stood ready for deployment for the GWOT since the beginning of it all. However, only active duty folks are eligible for the GWOTSM/EM. All service members are eligible for the NDSM. If your number doesn't come up for deployment and you get the GWOTSM then, in my humble opinion, the point about getting rid of the NDSM in favor of the GWOTSM is moot.

That's just my nit-picking opinion.

Pax, y'all

I have to be honest. I never really understood the need for the NDSM. It's not because I didn't get one, I was in 82-88, it just seems unnecessary. Didn't we all serve for National Defense?

And I agree with Dave, Ugly ribbon colors. But I think they're finally run out of designs just like the phone companies running out of area codes.

Dave when ever I see your name I can only think of,

I think some of you guys are being a little harsh in your judgment on the quantity of medals available to the members of our Armed Forces. Can one really ever have too many medals? Just look at this guy:

post-162020-0-95438500-1477773196.jpg

A quick glance at his "fruit salad" easily tells a viewer that this guy has "been there and done that." He's got everything from the Navy Cross to the SEAL qualification badge! You can easily tell from the menacing look on his face that this is one bad dude, for sure. He's even wearing the French Fouragerre, so he must have served with the 5th or 6th Marines. By my count he's sporting about 46 ribbons. And some of you would say that that is too many?!?!?! Tsk, tsk. I'm disappointed the CMC didn't create a special E-10 pay grade for him. This guy deserves something, but I'm not sure I can say it here.

I think some of you guys are being a little harsh in your judgment on the quantity of medals available to the members of our Armed Forces. Can one really ever have too many medals? Just look at this guy:

attachicon.gifFake Marine Cropped.jpg

A quick glance at his "fruit salad" easily tells a viewer that this guy has "been there and done that." He's got everything from the Navy Cross to the SEAL qualification badge! You can easily tell from the menacing look on his face that this is one bad dude, for sure. He's even wearing the French Fouragerre, so he must have served with the 5th or 6th Marines. By my count he's sporting about 46 ribbons. And some of you would say that that is too many?!?!?! Tsk, tsk. I'm disappointed the CMC didn't create a special E-10 pay grade for him. This guy deserves something, but I'm not sure I can say it here.

He deserves something alright. I just can't say what it is on this forum. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'll jump in...I think the ribbon is pretty hideous looking. Who in the world chose those colors? :D

Saw it at the PX...looks worse in person

• 1 year later...

Has the Inherent Resolve Medal ever been awarded? I never saw one in a ribbon bar or a picture of one being pinned to a uniform?

Regards

Herman

Has the Inherent Resolve Medal ever been awarded? I never saw one in a ribbon bar or a picture of one being pinned to a uniform?

Regards

Herman

Herman:

Yes, several of my Sailors have and wear their Inherent Resolve ribbons.

I still think the colors are hideous. :)

Dave

Herman:

Yes, several of my Sailors have and wear their Inherent Resolve ribbons.

I still think the colors are hideous. :)

Dave

The AF Combat Action ribbon is just as bad, what the hell, are we part of the RAF now?

Does anybody has (a) picture(s) of a ribbon bar or medal group with this medal in it?

Regards

Herman

• 2 weeks later...
Rakkasan187

In reference to Operation Inherent Resolve individuals wearing the ribbon on their uniform, Here is a recent photo.. The Ribbon is in the second row first one on the left side.

Yesterday I had a group of NCO's at the US Army NCO Museum who had just returned from direct support in Iraq and Syria and they were all awarded the Inherent Resolve Medal.

Leigh

post-5554-0-08837200-1530109393.jpg