TOW Jeep dug in

edgeer

Here's one of my 1st dio, i built after I retired from the US Army back in 96. Same theme, I built it to represent both a unit and vehicle i command or served on.

Background;

Camouflage net: I used surgical gauze for the netting, the leaves/fabric was created by using house hold spices, such as oragano and basil. I first set the poles for the netting into the dio, I then laid plastic wrap over the poles to get the basic shape. i then soak the gauze in a white-glue and water mix and then spread it over the plastic wrap. Once dried and the applied the same solution of water/glue over random spots and spreckled the spices. Once dried i spray painted the entire net 1st with green then brown. When finally dried, i remoed the net and plastic and then put the net back on the to the poles.

The missile box was built from scratch using the specs for the actual case used. I obtained the data from the actual amnufacture of the box.

Any other questions, on how or why I did something feel free to ask.

post-3699-1220488699.jpg

post-3699-1220488774.jpg

post-3699-1220488847.jpg

In real life, its made by Ford. Its called the MUTT... Military Utility Tactical Truck. um... what the heck, Jeep. LOL

The Model was originally released by Tamiya, and was copied by Academy. Academy has since released their own version, much more detailed.

Hope this helps.

Great job on the TOW Carrier... I have one of these and a Jeep or two on my list.

Wayne

another nice job! what maker is the weapons carrier?

The model version is the old version released by Tamiya. Academy has released a version as well. The right-ups and reviews I've read all say its better then the Tamiya and more accurate as well.

Now the real version as mpguy80/08 wrote was manufactured by Ford, was named the MUTT (military utility tactical truck). But, was still affectantly called Jeep, just like its forefather was. The family model number was the M151 series. The last was the M151A2

Ed

I love the M151 family of jeeps, both live ones and the scale model ones. I built so many of the Tamiya jeeps as a kid that I soon didn't need the instructions, I built them from memory!