Scanning App on your Smart Phone for Documents

Waltz41

Thought I would share this for document collectors especially......I've been getting around to scan and make digital copies of photos and documents of items in my collection. This way I can either display them in a ryker mount or frame (something like that) or I can put them in a sleeve in a binder and just store it away but then I have access to it on my computer if I want to look at it. Something like a flight record which usually comes in a folder with all pages attached, is really nice because I can then go page by page to reference or look up something if I need to without having to go actually dig out the flight record.

While I have a printer with scanning capability at home, some documents like said flight records or a war time booklet...they just don't lend themselves that well to regular scanning. I discovered a neat little app called TINYSCANNER. I have an android phone and I just did a search for scanners and after trying a few of them, this one I liked the best. Basically it uses the cell phone camera to take a 'picture' of the document, but then you have a lot of options as in color or black and white, cropping tools, etc. It will also make them a PDF file which is nice, and keep a whole booklet, document, record, etc together. (BTW I have also found a PDF to JPG converter on line that can be used if you want to change file formats). I've been using it a lot lately, and while it's not perfect, it really is a nice tool to have if you are into scanning materials that can't really be used on a normal scanner or if you don't have a scanner all together.

Here's a scan of a flight record page I did of a pilot. Since it was all in the folder, I didn't want to bend it around and also it wouldn't of fit well as I scanned it.

post-89245-0-97544600-1459012143.jpg

Yeah I am sure there are plenty of them out there and all do the same thing. I just posted the one I'm using, but overall also just in case some people didn't know it existed....like me for a while!

• 5 months later...