German Heer Bring Home Helmet & Cool Shipping Box

Bugme

Since I decided to sell all my TR helmets and to focus only on U.S. helmets a great many years ago, I never thought I'd want another one. Never say never I guess. This one has such a cool U.S. connection, I just had to get it. Here is a very nice M-35 Heer along with the very unique wooden shipping container. Sadly, the helmet is minus it's liner but the cool factor makes up for it.

m40_single_decal_in__original_bring_home_box___10.jpg

m40_single_decal_in__original_bring_home_box___3.jpg

m40_single_decal_in__original_bring_home_box___6.jpg

m40_single_decal_in__original_bring_home_box___8.jpg

Thanks to Bob Hudson, he dug up this stuff for me on Pfc Zadick. Here's his high school photo's and a post war article about him.
msg-2-0-84059400-1458681075.jpg

msg-2-0-70836300-1458681076.jpg

msg-2-0-63520900-1458681101.jpg

During the war he was aboard the USS Arcturus AKA-1 when she sailed for the invasion of Salerno:

msg-2-0-96417500-1458681158.jpg

And the USS Arcturus.
USSArcturus.jpg

Garandomatic

Cool! Reminds me of the box a guy in my collection made for some various things. He used some German parachute for padding, though!

I am sure this is exactly what a 20 something year old girl wanted from Europe....LOL

Very cool piece though from a collectors perspective.

Great helmet and a great box. I'm hoping someday I'll come across something like this. What is the date on the newspaper? I love looking through old newspapers and magazines. I bought a Life magazine dated 1 week after the Pearl Harbor attack and the cover story was (I think) about beauty contest participants. I know things moved slower but that surprised me.

Great helmet and a great box. I'm hoping someday I'll come across something like this. What is the date on the newspaper?

The paper is dated over a year before the helmet was post marked so, not sure of the story behind when the paper ended up with it.

m40_single_decal_in__original_bring_home_box___7.jpg

Must be an M35 reissue as it has the field grey instead of the pre-war pea green color paint....Does it have the tri-color national decal opposed to the Wehrmacht adler side?....I would guess it doesn't....Doesn't look like an overpaint either as inside the dome is similar in color to the exterior....Nice piece all the way around....Bodes