Help ID ? USN USAF SQ Patch Bigger Load Bigger The Burn

I picked this patch up at the Timonium MD Show last weekend. The person who had it said he got from a man who was in the USAF during the Vietnam War. His squadron flew missions dropping flares on trails to light them up so they could be destroyed. The story didn't make much sense, but the price was right. It looks to be Philippine made. I'm thinking its a USN unit since there is a Machinist and Boiler insignia along with a Trident in the design. The flames go along with his story. Does anyone have an ID on this unit? I see 4MMR , but I'm not sure what the other numbers are.

post-1056-0-30032500-1458919507.jpg

Along with the trident is a boiler torch (used to light ships boilers. 4MMR stands for "#4 Main Machinery Room". An MMR was a main propulsion space containing a set of boilers and an Engine (Steam Turbine). This is most likely for an Aircraft Carrier as very few small ships had 4 MMRs

Along with the trident is a boiler torch (used to light ships boilers. 4MMR stands for "#4 Main Machinery Room". An MMR was a main propulsion space containing a set of boilers and an Engine (Steam Turbine). This is most likely for an Aircraft Carrier as very few small ships had 4 MMRs

Thank you.

Thank for your reply. It is helpful.