Pairs of old wings

Plant#4

Here is a pair of pairs, that I have had for a long time. The upper pair were found among my fathers things, and he does not remember where he got them or who gave them to him. The lower pair I bought at a flea market for maybe a dollar 20 plus years ago. I think they are from a childs uniform that you bought from Sears or Wards.

Both sets are exactly the same size, a hair under 3 inches. Any ideas on the top pair? They are cast and marked sterling... think.gif

post-2156-1220466589.jpg

post-2156-1220466615.jpg

• 1 month later...
deadpeoplesjunk
a few more pics

I have a pair exactly like the sterling ones, they belonged to private n p neal. he was a half track driver in ww2 and they were among his medals and effects. his nephew told me he liked the frauliens and he wore them to get laid [i'm not kidding] they are cast like crap but are sterling and marked so. he got out in early 46 so they have to date around then i think. I believe this because I met an old vet when i was a kid who had a set that might have been the same [it was a long time ago man lol] and i was new to the military stuff. he wore them on his hat but was in the infantry and when i asked him if he was a pilot, he smiled and said when i was old enough to date girls he would tell me why he wore them. thats the only other sets i have seen. if they were pot metal instead of silver, they would pass for those ''kreigie'' wings

just my 1 1/2 cents

Rick

I've got a set of the lower ones myself..Saw 3 sets at the local flea market a few weeks back.. Mine came from Sears in the mid 80's. They ran a clothing line called 'test pilot' had t shirts with nose art on the back, cotton A-2 flight jackets, faux-sheepskin hats. I have several of the t shirts still and my flight jacket still.. I also have a set of wings like the ones shown as well as winged props, army and navy shirt size wings, and several small aircraft pins. C-47 being the most common. Neat aviation pieces although not real.. The top ones remind me of the .50 rings the GI's used to make.. I have one from a friend's dad.. He told me to take it and not let his wife know where I got it. ;)

Fins.

I've got a set of the lower ones myself..Saw 3 sets at the local flea market a few weeks back.. Mine came from Sears in the mid 80's. They ran a clothing line called 'test pilot' had t shirts with nose art on the back, cotton A-2 flight jackets, faux-sheepskin hats. I have several of the t shirts still and my flight jacket still.. I also have a set of wings like the ones shown as well as winged props, army and navy shirt size wings, and several small aircraft pins. C-47 being the most common. Neat aviation pieces although not real.. The top ones remind me of the .50 rings the GI's used to make.. I have one from a friend's dad.. He told me to take it and not let his wife know where I got it. ;)

Fins.

If the same as, I saw some for sale in the Petro truck stop store near here... what caught my eye was that they had a C-123 pin along with aircrew wings and C-47.