Any idea on this "Armed Forces" markmanship badge?

Alex Boban

Hi everyone,

I just picked up this badge with several other US WWII insignia and I can't find any info on it anywhere.

White enamel star design with a red Catholic cross. Marked "Armed Forces". Ladder-style "1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th year" clasps.

The hallmark is "Q.C. Cook Elgin" or "O.C. Cook Elgin".

Could somebody ID this badge?

Thanks in advance!

post-157805-0-99886800-1458869453.jpg

post-157805-0-71774000-1458869454.jpg

I don't think this is a military badge. It is either a DeMolay badge or a Masonic badge. I knew very little about either organization.

Semper For,

Bruce Linz

Capt.Confederacy

It looks similar to a badge I got for Sunday School attendance many, many moons ago. Every year of perfect attendance was awarded with a hanger like the ones showed. Mine didn't have "Armed Forces" on it so I am unsure where this would have been given.

Thanks for your inputs.

I think Bruce is right. The red cross looks similar to the cross found on Knights Templar or Knights of Pythias caps / shoulder boards. This is probably a masonic badge for a member who served in the armed forces.

Best,

• 4 months later...

I thought these were for civilian volunteers on base. Maybe this one was for working with the Chaplains?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A Sunday School attendance badge. The top pin usually has the name of the church denomination, i.e. Baptist, Catholic, etc. Base churches use the Armed Forces as their collective denomination title.

Bluejacket