Salty Officers 3 Panel Medic Fixed Bail

jkash23686

As to Cesar's point, I don't think the 10th was the only unit to do this. At some point, somewhere, this was discussed and various photos posted demonstrated that the square/rectangular form was used in other theaters of war and different units. I do like this one Jamie has posted.

regards,

pat

As to Cesar's point, I don't think the 10th was the only unit to do this. At some point, somewhere, this was discussed and various photos posted demonstrated that the square/rectangular form was used in other theaters of war and different units. I do like this one Jamie has posted.

regards,

pat

Thank's Pat,

Sorry its not an Airborne helmet. I'll try harder next time :)

Pat, indeed square panels did see use with other divisions. However, I've only seen this particular configuration of two squares on the sides and one on the back with 10th Mtn lids. Cheers, Cesar.

Pat, indeed square panels did see use with other divisions. However, I've only seen this particular configuration of two squares on the sides and one on the back with 10th Mtn lids. Cheers, Cesar.

Ah, gotcha, I see what you are saying.  From that viewpoint, it does seem to fit with a 10th.

regards,

pat

sgtbarnes44

I do believe you have a sample of what a great faker artist, based in belgium (midway from the netherlands and northern France) is able to do. He is not doing a lot of them but they are always very similar, even if his "art"/technics are evoluting with time.

Best regards

JC

you will make your own opinion but your helmet is very similar to these:

post-647-0-46599100-1459010836.jpg

I do believe you have a sample of what a great faker artist, based in belgium (midway from the netherlands and northern France) is able to do. He is not doing a lot of them but they are always very similar, even if his "art"/technics are evoluting with time.

Best regards

JC

I'm sorry but, I do not see the things you are calling fake and this is getting very old very quick that when certain collectors post their items, someone like this has to come along and say it's fake. I removed all the posts with the multitude of photo's, which cluttered this thread needlessly, so that it would somehow prove this was a fake, which it is not.

I have to disagree with your opinion having this one in hand. What you are looking at is a strip job. The MGS(I think O??)L marking is the first being on the original OD green. Then the next layer up is the medics markings. And there is a last layer of black paint, that other than chips which are left has been removed. Many of what looks like chips taken out of medics markings in the pics is in fact flecks of black paint.

Also I made a mistake this a front seam swivel bail not a fixed.

-j

• 3 months later...

Confirming the only known unit to do the 3 square Geneva crosses was the Medical Bn @ 10th Mountain. Line medics used 2 or 4 round panels.

Confirming the only known unit to do the 3 square Geneva crosses was the Medical Bn @ 10th Mountain. Line medics used 2 or 4 round panels.

Not true, the 70th Infantry Division did it too..

Excuse me, I was to quick with my comment. The 70th Div DID use 3 square Geneva Crosses but in a slightly different way..