Garrison Cap Find

Red Devil

This one came along recently and I could scarcely believe it. After looking at scores of piped garrison caps over the years, I finally found one with this piping on it. It isn't named and looks barely worn. Tag is for 7 1/4 size.

The vet's name from the estate doesn't appear on any FSSF rosters online that I could find, so who knows where it came from. The piping has separated blue and red as opposed to most examples shown here on the forum, but it looks period done to me and hopefully correct. Let me know what you think!

-Johannes

post-9214-0-81893200-1458851614.jpg

post-9214-0-63674300-1458851625.jpg

Could you get a more detailed photo of the piping, this color was also used by some state guards I have also never seen one in khaki, not to say they do not exhist a majority of the ones I have seen are OD

Sorry not a fan, my father has one that is original, the blue and red are connected. Either this is a repro or some sort of ROTC overseas cap the piping just doesnt seem to match. I'll try and get a picture of the piping, and upload it later

Jumpin Jack

I've had over 40 of these, and, yes, usually, normally always, the red and blue connect. HOWEVER, I also have encountered military specimens where they are not. I've been collecting for a great many years, and the first thing I learned was "Show me the rule, and I'll show you the exception." Jack

Here are photos of what Wake1941 is referring to which I wasn't aware of these differences. This is a great thread as now I know what to look for which will save me from making a big mistake and a lot of money in the future.

post-1389-0-24051500-1459037450.jpg

post-1389-0-43426600-1459037524.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I have been reading as much as I can on these, and I agree that it appears the norm and accepted piping has touching red and blue.

If I may, I have also found an example identical to mine from a 2008 thread that a member received in an ID'd group. Check out post #6; you may need to copy/paste the Photobucket link into a browser though!