Cigarette or Blasting Cap Case - You Decide

I'm guessing for cigarettes, cap boxes (of wood) I remember had felt to cushion and a hinged flip top lid. I think the type we carried in 60's had been around for a long time.

Brian Keith

Nice cigarette case. Very similar to many I've seen and some I own. A cigarette is larger in diameter than a blasting cap, and I think shorter (even non-filter) I think.

BKW

I'm going with blasting cap case, maybe repurposed. Just did a demo range this past Monday, we had a similar case but in plastic, two rows of holes. Felt can be removed, there was no lining in the case we used. Often times cardboard tube is the only protection they get individually...of course the crates are very well padded. What are the measurements?

We have a newer member who is EOD...maybe he can shed some light on this. I can't count on one hand how many times I've done actual demo. Not something we get to do as often as we all would like

Looks to me like a typical 1940s style cigarette case. A google search for WW2 wood cigarette case will pull up similar examples.