aircraft unit identification

usaaf93

Hello

I just purchased a photo album full of aircraft picture. I have not received it yet. There are some postcards of Estes Park in Colorado too. I think it may be some souvenir of the previous owner training in the USAAF

Do you know which unit these aircraft flew then ?

Thanks

Julien

PS : Sorry for the quality of the pictures

post-106404-0-71860500-1458732295.jpg

post-106404-0-61168700-1458732301.jpg

post-106404-0-20596500-1458732306.jpg

5thwingmarty

Left photo has an AT-6 Texan trainer.

Center photo has a F6F Hellcat in the foreground and an A-20 Havoc in the background.

Right photo has a P-51 Mustang in the foreground and I believe a B-25 Mitchell in the background.

I believe the large letters and numbers indicate these were planes used for training. The first letter may indicate the field to which they were assigned.

Fuselage code "Y" was used at AAF Advanced Flying School (Single-Engine) Williams Field, Chandler, Arizona early in the war.

Code U was used at Yuma Army Airfield, Yuma, Arizona for both the Single-Engine and Twin-Engine Advanced Flying Schools.

I'm not sure on the C coded Hellcat, but the mountains look the same as in the AT-6 shot.

If I had to guess I would say these were all taken at Yuma.

northcoastaero

The C on the F6F Hellcat could stand for the USS Coral Sea from January 1947-1948 time frame? This is all that I could find out.