SWORD Qualification Bar

derrbrad

Trying to find photos of known original pieces. I'm trying to determine what a good one looks like. I keep seeing a couple of variations. Mainly with or with out a period at the end of sword. Any ideas which is right?

Thanks, I know about that one. Been looking for a decade plus for a good original. What I'm more interested in is the actual bar that replaced this that goes on the US Army marksmanship badge. Starting 1922ish.

I have four SWORD bars of three different types. None have a period at the end.

I have little doubt as to the originality of these. Three came from the same estate (one I traded to a fellow collector that was a huge help to me). I have had all of them for at least ten years.

I am happy to e-mail you photos of you want to PM me your e-mail address.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is, I had the chance to pick up a few items and there were a couple of sword bars in the lot. I mainly collect collar discs, so was looking for what was correct. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sword bars are kinda hard to find . The unmarked bars are the ones you come across most. I found my 1st, sterling marked bar in a pawn shop I bought all what he called scrap military sterling . They make good trading stock and I have seen them sell from 25$ to 50$ but these are the sterling marked bars. I hope this helps someone out there . Stan

Would you sell one of the sword q-bars?

Unsolicited purchase offers are not allowed on the discussion and display threads.

If you wish ask if an item is for sale, please us Private Messaging.

I have nothing for sale or trade I was just saying what I know and what I have seen about the sword bar. I did not ask anyone if they wanted to buy from me or trade with me. I think you are trying to make something out of nothing.

I have nothing for sale or trade I was just saying what I know and what I have seen about the sword bar. I did not ask anyone if they wanted to buy from me or trade with me. I think you are trying to make something out of nothing.

Gil is referring to post # 8 where the person asked if one would be for sale...the post is 3 years old.

OK my fault. Sorry Gil.

No problem.

And part of the fault is mine not realizing that the previous comment from Seaton was from 2016!