What are the trousers

DaddyDog

Please help identify these trousers.

#1 has talon zippers at fly and front pockets with buttons elsewhere. One washed out tag at front right pocket.

post-6880-0-38033700-1458661989.jpeg

post-6880-0-77643500-1458662029.jpeg

#2 trousers are completely wool lined, waist 32 inches, inseam 30 inches. Belt is tan color with brass buckle. Five button at fly. Also priced at $25.

post-6880-0-77277600-1458663030.jpeg

post-6880-0-54376800-1458663046.jpeg

You better grab those, if you haven't already. The #2s are Kersey-Lined Trousers which were made to go with the Arctic Field Jacket, and they don't show up that often.

I picked up both pairs of trousers. My thanks to all who replied and told me to get these. They were at an antique showroom; the booth dealer was not present, but I am told they have more things like this for sell. I have their card and will be contacting them soon.

Are the mountain trousers what was referred to as "M1942 Type II Mountain Trousers"? They have two buttons above the fly zipper.

My next question...Should I have them dry cleaned or just leave them as is? I have no plans to display them in any way.

If you consider having them cleaned, check to see if there are spec tags present before you send them out. I ordered an unissued Overcoat dry-cleaned one time, and somebody didn't get the message and washed it, destroying the spec tag. Since then, I've never entrusted anything to cleaners again.