Detailed Grenade Fuze info

EODsmity

Here is some detailed info on the M10 series and the M200 series. These seem to be the most common. This way when you see an M200 ignition fuze in a fragmentation grenade, or vice versa, you can work them down on price because it not accurate. LOL

I also found some line drawings of the more common fuzes that will be in the next post.

Smitty

post-162205-0-96142700-1458613793.jpg

post-162205-0-40210600-1458613841.jpg

As someone who just recently started collecting grenades, I really appreciate the fuse information. I have a M30 practice grenade & the fuse has the longer spoon stamped; FUZE E7R6. Pretty sure it's incorrect.

DS

Can you post a picture? I want to say that E7R6 sounds like a lot number. There are no absolutes in ordnance, with that being said "most" US fuzes have an M, MK, or an XM designation. There are the some odd balls like the VB grenade, but it was french.

Smitty

post-162205-0-50333600-1458785516.jpg

Here is what i have come up with. Remember when I said there were no absolutes in EOD or Ordnance. Well this proves it. I have found some mention of the fuze in some publications. It is mentioned in the SB-742-10153. I can tell you it is a U.S. Fuze and it is used in "Incendiary" type grenades. So it is feasible that the combo you have in the picture with the smoke grenade is a possible combination. The ink part that can't be made out is the lot number and manufacture date. Have you tried looking at the ink portion under different types of light? Some ink will show a bit better under different types. Might help get the lot info before it fades completely. Also, I have seen on Forensic Files where high res pics are inverted (technical term I am sure I got wrong) to help make out words. The closest thing I can relate to is the old 804 x-ray film. When it was processed, and peeled apart, it created an opposite image on one side. Inverted the white and black or a positive and negative image. The thick sheet had the image, but the thin part that we pulled off and was supposed to discard also helped in figuring out what we were looking at. Long winded example for a non computer savvy guy to explain, but it may help. LOL!

On that note, I have some X-rays of Handgrenades I can post if anyone is interested?

Smitty

Smitty

As you suggested, checked the spoon printing under better light (natural) with a loupe, & here's what it appears to be;

ENT LOT

P-17035-4

Thanks,

DS