Crusher? Slote and Klein Flight Cap

ugafx4

Ran into this grouping today. I was wondering if it would be worth picking up? I know absolutely nothing about flight gear, but I could not stop looking at it. The medals that you can see were separate from the group. The Lt. Commander insignia was with the group. The hats front sweat band has seen better days. It was falling apart. The flight helmet had two slight rips under the ears.

Any information would be appreciated.

post-157279-0-97357900-1458610721.jpg

Hard to say about the hat....My initial impressions are it's post war due to it's dark colored bill....Need to see inside and under the bill....The flight goggles (An-6530) are always desirable.....That and the USN knife.....Bodes

Thanks a ton. The knife was heavily sharpened. Almost looked like a filet knife.

The hat had nothing in it but a small tag in the back with a 7 on it. I wish I could have looked more. If you guys think it's worth it, I'll go get more photos.

Thanks a ton. The knife was heavily sharpened. Almost looked like a filet knife.

The hat had nothing in it but a small tag in the back with a 7 on it. I wish I could have looked more. If you guys think it's worth it, I'll go get more photos.

I don't think the hat is a "crusher".....Having said that, if you can get the lot for the price of the goggles ($200+), than I would say okay....IF the Navy knife has been heavily sharpened, the value is minimal...The skull cap is probably a $75 tops unless it's a big size and has avionics in it.....Than it's over $100.....Bodes

The cap looks like a repro to me...odd lookin material and leather brim and chinstrap.

Goggles could be too or just rebuilt with repro cusions.When I redid some goggles I got the cushions from Banair.They had repro elastic head bands too.

Typically the metal retaining rings were not in the goggles and you sewe in the originals prior to mounting face cushion in the frame.Original retaining rings are finnished black from my exoeriance,All the repros I have seen are bright metal

The summer weight flight helmet is more than likely real.Slote&Klien made millions of them.

Just me but I dont get a fuzzt feeling looking at this "group"

phantomfixer

Agreed...cap looks to be repop...stitching on the top seam is wrong...I do like the goggles...could be rebuilt or just in nice shape hard to say from the pics ..elastic looks to be stretched

did ban air sell repop cushions or NOS??? I bought a cushion decades ago, from them...dang if I can remember if they were NOS...looked good though