Anglehead use in Vietnam

Camaro69427

Camaro69427

Hello all! I was wondering how much the Anglehead flashlights were used/carried in Vietnam. I currently have one hung on the right suspender pad of my webgear basically because that is where I've seen it in movies and pictures, but it kinda gets in the way when I try to shoulder my gun. I wondered if there were any other popular ways they put them on their gear (If they were even carried at all). Are there any pictures showing them in places other than the right suspender pad?

Patchcollector

I'm not 100% certain but I seem to recall that they were.I'm sure the flashlight pros here will chime in too.

I've always heard the notion that flashlights in Vietnam aren't as common as they are now. And that the more important members of the unit like the RTO, Squad leaders, platoon leaders, and such would be the only ones that typically carried a flashlight. Though this statement could be false.

-Dave

Most of the folks in my unit did not carry a flashlight. I carried one as did my RTO. Rarely used a flashlight. IF used one had to be under a couple of layers of ponchos to ensure light discipline. I carried mine on the outside top left of my ruck.