Avenger gunners jumper

Jon S

What would be a fair price to pay for a nice condition white navy jumper named to an Avenger gunner? Rank and rating patches are in place and originally sewn.

Thanks,

Jon

Garandomatic

Depends on when and where he flew. I had a grouping that ended up being to a late war guy that never saw action, and when I sold it, the jumper might as well have been free, as the paper items and kabar were the bell of the ball. Then again, if he was on a big name ship and in some big name campaigns, it could top $200 to the right person. How much info can you get?

All I know is that his name was George Fabyanic. I was told that he served on a carrier, but need to get that info. again. I bought his Mk 1 life jacket and a mint with cutters tags M-426a flight suit and thought I'd pick up a few more bits of his kit to keep them together. Here's a couple of pics of the jumper in question:

post-13457-0-83437300-1458520399.jpg

post-13457-0-85461100-1458520406.jpg

The only thing that pops up on Fold 3 for anything close to George Fabyanic is a "G. Fabyanic" noted in a caption of Torpedo Squadron 30's group photo. Its included in the USS Belleau Wood cruise book of 1946.

Artur