WWII Stelzig Saddlery Company Knives

Trinity

Much like the WWII knuckle knives called Shipley, which are known simply by the name of the sheath the knives were paired with, there is another WWII knife that is known only by the maker of the sheath. These are the Stelzig knives. As far as I know, there is no real proof as to who actually made the Stelzig knives, but the knives have distinct similarities and it appears they must have been made by the same maker. It is unknown whether or not the Stelzig Saddlery Company made the actual knives themselves or contracted with an outside manufacturer. Here are some of the known Stelzig knives made during WWII.

post-92846-0-95988700-1458453835.jpeg

Have a couple of those. I would post pictures but still having problems figuring how to upload pictures.

Here's my two cents worth. I have 3 of them, all different. Really like the one above with the elongated bow.

That "resizer" seems to work great.

post-8804-0-65057000-1458582067.jpg

Cliff,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Baltimore show, thanks again for your help.

These Stelzigs are dynamite.

Hope you had a good show.

Regards,

Greg

Frank Trzaska

Having owned a few of these over the years they are yet another mystery maker to me. I have also seen the knives turn up in quality sheaths with the FINK LEATHER maker name stamped in to them. Not a clue.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

Having owned a few of these over the years they are yet another mystery maker to me. I have also seen the knives turn up in quality sheaths with the FINK LEATHER maker name stamped in to them. Not a clue.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

I havew never seen one in a Fink scabbard. I do have a Fink scabbard, but had never heard of the company other than your post. doesnt look like it would fit the normal Stelzig profile, so I guess they also made them for other knives.

post-8804-0-29420000-1458837990.jpg

I havew never seen one in a Fink scabbard. I do have a Fink scabbard, but had never heard of the company other than your post. doesnt look like it would fit the normal Stelzig profile, so I guess they also made them for other knives.

attachicon.gif20160324_4625.JPG

second pic

post-8804-0-64680400-1458838077.jpg

Frank Trzaska

See Cole IV Pg 149. I had that knife and sold it a few years ago.

I also had a V42 look alike knife with a leather grip in a Fink scabbard just like the one you have.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

See Cole IV Pg 149. I had that knife and sold it a few years ago.

I also had a V42 look alike knife with a leather grip in a Fink scabbard just like the one you have.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

I bought a Stelzig that looked just like it from you a few years ago, but I believe it was a little shorter. Swapped it for a Shipley. I dont recall the sheath being with it tho. I had never noticed the picture in the book being of a Fink sheath.

I have no idea where I got my Fink sheath. Have had it for a while. It is for a dagger point knife however, so is not the one in the book.