Co C 5th RCT attached 24th Div.

Served 5 Campaigns in Korea

WIA Oct 30 1950

post-620-0-28867100-1458180781.jpg

post-620-0-75564100-1458180810.jpg

post-620-0-77163100-1458180835.jpg

post-620-0-16168100-1458180860.jpg

post-620-0-72945500-1458180886.jpg

Your father must have been an incredible man. I'm very sorry for your loss, but I am glad to see he will not be forgotten.

BigJohn#3RD

Scott,

May God give you and your family the solace that y’all will need during this time of his passing. You should take pride and honor in his service and the values he instilled in you. The pictures you have posted of him show that he was a upbeat and caring man in in the most dire situations, combat. He is with his former comrades in arms and loved ones who have gone before him.

RIP Soldier

Hello Scott, Its hard to lose your personal Hero & Dad. I lost my Dad in 2007. He was my best friend. Not a day goes by that I dont think of him. God Bless you and your family and may your Dad rest in peace. Great pictures.

Scott,

My condolences. I lost my Dad in January, 2015, born in 1926 also. He also enlisted in 1944 and was a Coxswain in the Navy driving LCVP's in the Pacific. He was one of my best friends and I really miss him. I took my two young children (9 and 8) to Camp Butler National Cemetery near Springfield, IL last weekend to see his and Mom's grave. I ended up taking them on a tour of the entire site, showing them the markers of veterans from the Civil War to Afghanistan. My little girl was amazed at the sheer number and when she realized so many were from WWII, she asked if Grandpa knew all of these people. I said, probably not, but that they were all heroes for their service.

Thanks for sharing his story. Be sure that the young ones in your family know it to.

Chris

Rakkasan187

Scott,

My Prayers go out to you and your family during this time of loss. So very sad to hear..

May God Bless you and your family

Leigh

RIP soldier - WWII and then Korean vet - awesome man.

my dad was in the navy and I lost him when I was 19 - he died 1981 and still think about him till this day.

Laid my Dad to rest today at Washington Crossing national cemetery with full military honors it was beautiful ! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers