Subdued Merrowed Edge Fully Embroidered Cap Badge!

patches

post-34986-0-51806400-1458152549.jpg

I seen this one before in the past offline or something, so has this been discussed before, the what's why's and when's? If so please link topic (couldn't find anything on a search for it), If not talked about before then lets talk about it now.

I purchased some of these in the mid-1970's at the Cameron Station, VA PX. They came on N.S. Meyer cards and in EM and Officer versions. I have never been able to figure out why they were made or who might have worn them.

Cameron Station was closed in the 1990's and is now a townhouse community in Alexandria, VA.

Some times obsolete and pieces that no one in the service could use show up in the PX. I recently bought a 3rd award CIB sew on in the new Scorpion pattern. I remember seeing WW1 Victory Medals on the rack in 2009 or 2010.

I purchased some of these in the mid-1970's at the Cameron Station, VA PX. They came on N.S. Meyer cards and in EM and Officer versions. I have never been able to figure out why they were made or who might have worn them.

Cameron Station was closed in the 1990's and is now a townhouse community in Alexandria, VA.

That's interesting that they could and where sold on an Army base.

As an aside I do believe this is the very first time i have heard of Cameron Station.

For those who were also in the dark.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/cameron-station.htm

I brought this patch up in the past. I personally believe it to be an "assumption" patch produced by a manufacturer who assumed that when the subdued patches came out in 1968, that this patch was one of them to be done. Not fact, but it certainly explains this patch, along with the white star USAAC patch, Army Green 1st and 4th ID patches and desert versions of the 6th and 108th ACRs. All of these patches were produced during a transition period and in the end, were poor bets or simply examples of miscommunication between the military and its vendors. The same could be said for other error patches including the blue 74th RCT where more than one manufacturer produced the error, which could mean an error in the order and not the operator of the Schiffli machine.

-Ski

I brought this patch up in the past. I personally believe it to be an "assumption" patch produced by a manufacturer who assumed that when the subdued patches came out in 1968, that this patch was one of them to be done. Not fact, but it certainly explains this patch, along with the white star USAAC patch, Army Green 1st and 4th ID patches and desert versions of the 6th and 108th ACRs. All of these patches were produced during a transition period and in the end, were poor bets or simply examples of miscommunication between the military and its vendors. The same could be said for other error patches including the blue 74th RCT where more than one manufacturer produced the error, which could mean an error in the order and not the operator of the Schiffli machine.

-Ski

Ski you got the link to that old talk?