Coast Guard Lieutenant Bars?

Chief D

I found this and am not even sure what I am looking at. My first guess was not military. When I looked at the back it is back marked W-22-CG. Have never seen anything like it. Any help?

post-160642-0-16516400-1458095225.jpg

post-160642-0-46815300-1458095235.jpg

Thanks for the information. I had no idea the Coast Guard Auxillary (fka Reserves) had a different rank structure (titles) than the Coast Guard Active side. Very interesting.

Thanks for the information. I had no idea the Coast Guard Auxillary (fka Reserves) had a different rank structure (titles) than the Coast Guard Active side. Very interesting.

. Coast Guard Auxillary is not the CG Reserve. It's a different organization for civilians, affiliated with the CGR

MastersMate

The bars are for someone that is elected as Flotilla Commander. That is the basic small group in the organization. A single bar with the blue A would be the Flotilla Vice Commander and the gold single bar with a red A would be a Flotilla Staff Officer. The red A indicating an appointed staff position and the blue A an elected position.

The CG Auxiliary is a civilian organization. The Auxiliary insignia do not indicate "rank" but rather elected or appointed positions/offices in the organization. One of the main functions of the Auxiliary is to promote boating safety for pleasure boaters..