enlisted submarine dolphins - early tipe?

Hi,

that is my first submarine warfare badge, get it from ebay.

If my identification is correct it could be of the 50th. For some uknow reason the back (where i suppose there should be manifacturer) has been scratch.

Is my identification correct? any idea of the producer?

thanks

post-154044-0-78927800-1457975489.jpg

This is not an early pattern badge and looking at the reverse photo, would agree that it appears to be a poor casting but it may just be the pic. Appears someone grinded off the center, perhaps a later hallmark? Hope you didn't pay much here.

donation2015.gif

A friendly reminder that my images and material posted here are not to be considered "fair use" or "public domain". If you want to legally use my material outside this forum, for any purpose, my express written permission is requested and required beforehand.

Thank you.

Post some clear close ups of the reverse, showing the hinge and catch area.

I've only seen this pattern with clutch backs, not pin back. Can't tell if the area around the hardware mountings is discolored or not with these pics. Either way, the grinding would make it a pass for me, but that's me.

donation2015.gif

A friendly reminder that my images and material posted here are not to be considered "fair use" or "public domain". If you want to legally use my material outside this forum, for any purpose, my express written permission is requested and required beforehand.

Thank you.

Sorry, but the pics are not worth much here other than it appears to be die stamped (good thing). You need to show the back of the badge.

donation2015.gif

Thank you.

need a straight on clear shot of the back.

It does appear die stamped from the pics but sometimes cast items can be very deceiving in this way.

It could at this point be a more modern dolphin with the clutchbacks and modern hallmarks removed, with straight pin added.

very hard to tell still IMO.

-Brian

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

I tend to follow Brian's thoughts here as well. Again, the "pattern" of dolphins are more modern IMO.

Tim

donation2015.gif

Thank you.

• 2 months later...