SPH-4 Gentex Flight Helmet

jsfricks

I recently picked up this helmet for my grandson and my collection. After getting it home I noticed a loose screw and found that one of the nuts that hold the visor screw in is missing, but I still have the screw. I found some online but you have to buy the whole kit and shipping is $8 for a few screws, bringing the total close to $20. Does anyone know where I can buy just the one nut at a reasonable price. By the way, we gave $100 for it, with the original carry bag too. I can make out a name from the glue where they removed a label maker name tag. His name was Rich Carle, and the seller said he was the flight chief on a helicopter. Does that sound right? We're still new at all of this. Thanks for any help.

Bluespicker

You may still have the nut. The Styrofoam liner tends to hold these even if they fall out of the hole. Carefully search for this. It can get trapped under the styrene liner and between the shell. I probably have a spare but I am not at home right now... on the road. Let us know if you find nut! Send long a pic of the helmet when you can

I've looked in all the cracks and crevices, shaking and popping the top but nothing found yet. I have a picture with my grandson wearing the helmet if I can find a way to make the pic smaller on my IPad.