USS Enterprise KIA Grouping 1941-42 Scouting Squadron 6

KASTAUFFER

Hey Kurt !

Incredible and historic grouping !! Another powerful reminder of how horribly difficult it was for families with loved ones fighting for freedoms in distant lands...then and now !!

Thanks again,

Vic

Truly an OUTSTANDING grouping.Reminds me of my uncles grouping how plunt they where with the telegrams.This is why I collect to save the history of great men.

Dan

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

His name on the wall of the missing at the National Memorial Cemetary of the Pacific ( Punchbowl ).

WALL__DENNIS2.JPG

• 9 months later...
Excellent grouping Kurt! I missed this one the 1st time around.

JD

In rememberance of the Gilbert Marshall Island Raid, I am bumping this back up.

Kurt

• 10 months later...
Kurt Barickman

Kurt,

You have some truly historical USN groupings here! What is even more amazing is how complete they are. These are really great groups and thanks for bringing them back to the top for Pearl Harbor Day 2010 :thumbsup: I can

t believe I missed them the first time around.

Kurt Barickman

• 4 weeks later...
Photo of the radiomen from VS-6 days before Otis was killed.

post-105-1220315167.jpg

Can you tell me what year the photo of the radiomen from VS-6 was taken. My grandfather was a RM3 in Scouting Squardron 6 when the Enterpise was first launched but he left the service in May 1940.

Can you tell me what year the photo of the radiomen from VS-6 was taken. My grandfather was a RM3 in Scouting Squardron 6 when the Enterpise was first launched but he left the service in May 1940.

it was taken in early 1942.

Kurt

This website was posted by Ann, a member of the Dennis family. She has done an awesome job with it.

http://www.dondennisfamily.com/ussdennis/index.html

I have just been in contact with her and am going to contribute copies of as many things as she needs for her website. She always had hopep his material hadnt been split to the "high winds"over the years and is very relieved it has been preserved intact.

I have some items that do not relate to Otis that I am going to send her.

Kurt

• 10 months later...
Raidercollector

Kurt

What a awesome group to a carrier pilot that fought for our country, I love it,What a guy, and a Rare group to own ,very well documented to have. And kept together all these years. And nice research you did on it Kurt.

Nick

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

This is my first time seeing this remarkable grouping. It is amazing that such a complete grouping could be held together in tact. They simply don't come much more complete than this. The help that you have provided to the family member is commendable. Jack