Iraq Bring backs

EODsmity

Here are some bayonets I i got from some Iraqis that didn't need them anymore in 2004. Crazy part is they didn't have the weapons that went them. They are old German and British bayonets. Weird!!!

post-162205-0-28102700-1457765272.jpg

post-162205-0-66659900-1457765287.jpg

I saw lots of European bayonets over there from 05-07, too, always thought it odd. I remember a vendor in the IZ had two full tables of them. I didn't buy any though

I am new to the site, and don't want to get banned. Do I need to post the forms I filled out to bring these bayonets home? No war crime involved. We were given tons of weapons to destroy, one of the perks or downsides to being an EOD guy. But with the edged weapons, we were told we could keep some, just had to fill out some paper work. I put these pics in another section to try and ID them and the thread was locked. Did I mess up?

Smitty

Bringbacks are limited to this subforum, and have to have a vet connection. As you brought them back, the connection is pretty iron clad

You don't have to post the forms, but I think they would be interesting documents to see, as I don't think any have been posted before

They're pretty strict on that forum, US military edged weapons only.

Your first two bayonets are WWII German 1884/98 3rd Model. First one is not in the correct scabbard, second one appears to be but I cannot see the markings.

Third bayonet is an Iranian G3. Scabbard looks to possibly be WWI Austrian.

The last two look to be bayonets for the Australian Owen SMG.

I'dbe happy to give you more definitive answers if you can provide close up photos of the markings.

I am new to the site, and don't want to get banned. Do I need to post the forms I filled out to bring these bayonets home? No war crime involved. We were given tons of weapons to destroy, one of the perks or downsides to being an EOD guy. But with the edged weapons, we were told we could keep some, just had to fill out some paper work. I put these pics in another section to try and ID them and the thread was locked. Did I mess up?

Smitty

Welcome to the forum man. Don't worry about the forms they're not required but they do add to the provenance but since you brought them home, its already good to go. That section is for US stuff so I'm not surprised it got yanked. Even this section can get a bit squirrely at times with bring backs. I posted some captured insurgent literature/AQI stuff I brought home with me and had my thread locked for a while. Luckily they sorted it out.