Special Forces Vietnam Certificate

DaddyDog

yes it is, looks like a great bunch of items to the same guy. Did you get the other bits?

his name appears in Who's Who which ties in with the date of the certificate, its nice to get original certificates.

KOSTAKOWSKI, JAMES H SP7 HC/68/10676 09/20/68 Y VNJW HHC

Resting place is Fort Bragg Main Post Cemetery. An accomplished individual who also worked as a steeple jack, police reserve, private pilot, merchant marine, Green beret, etc...

post-6880-0-56059500-1457694854.jpg

Here is a drawing which I believe is from his Vietnam service time. It shows three men in the cockpit of a plane, two look to be wearing jungle boonie hats and the guy in the middle with a beret. Since this man was also a pilot it could be him doing the speaking, and his name abbreviated at the bottom as "SKI".

post-6880-0-24213400-1457703335.jpeg

thefallenbuddha

Is this a Vietnam Jump Certificate?

It is from the same individual named to a nice Vietnam plaque, desk name set and green beret scroll, a member of B-32 MS8 5th Special Forces Group, Duc Hoa, South Vietnam.

Perhaps someone here bought those items.

Yes, it is a South Vietnamese Special Forces jump certificate.

Here is a drawing which I believe is from his Vietnam service time. It shows three men in the cockpit of a plane, two look to be wearing jungle boonie hats and the guy in the middle with a beret. Since this man was also a pilot it could be him doing the speaking, and his name abbreviated at the bottom as "SKI".

The glass frame broke on this today. What I thought was a drawing was actually a photograph. Here is a view of the stamp that is in the back side.

post-6880-0-44315800-1458001393.jpg

post-6880-0-49426400-1458001400.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Here is an original set of the orders to go with the South Vietnamese Special Forces jump certificate.

I have about seven pounds of paperwork, certificates and photos from this soldier to sort and photograph.

post-6880-0-00538700-1460602694.jpg

post-6880-0-38012900-1460602706.jpg