Unknown Pin- US?

Nkomo

Just picked up this unknown piece today. It is a soldier (Corporal) with a parachute attached to his back. He has a rifle in his hand. On the parachute canopy, it has a French Cross of Lorraine. The badge is unmarked, but appears to be foreign made judging by the clasp on the back. Can anyone help me identify this badge?

abc_013.jpg

abc_014.jpg

I don't have a positive ID, but I wonder if this if for WWII era Free French Forces. It could either be a wartime piece or a commemorative veteran's badge. Run this one by andrei who is on this forum.

Thanks for the replies guys! thumbsup.gif I had thought possible Free French because of the Cross of Lorraine, but was unsure. I have a beautiful Free French flag that was brought back by a US soldier. It is from the Fontainebleau area of France. It has a beautifully hand stitched Cross of Lorraine sewn to the middle of the flag. It is the same that is on this pin.

Hi mates,

this is a novelty, sweetheart pin. This design is one of the first made. I guess as early as Summer/Fall 1944 and was striked till the late 40s, early 50s.

Hope it helps.

A.

Hi mates,

this is a novelty, sweetheart pin. This design is one of the first made. I guess as early as Summer/Fall 1944 and was striked till the late 40s, early 50s.

Hope it helps.

A.

Yes it does kind sir!!!! Thank you for your help!

Arch