Rag mill ERDL hoard

kammo-man

vintageproductions

Call me crazy, but that sounds like it would be fun in a work your butt off to find the prize way.

It was a lot of fun.

There would be six to eight of us sorting, and you were always looking to find the diamond mixed into all the swill.

BILL THE PATCH

Were rag Mills always around?,I mean like right after ww2, ? imagine the stuff that went there. God knows what kind of insignia. Any pictures of your best stuff found, would love to see more.

GeneralCheese

I've seen many cool Vietnam pieces that had been shredded and were being sent off to process.

If you can get in a bigger mill, be prepared to walk on egg shells and spend a lot of money on stuff you don't really want, just to get your foot in the door.

I used to buy 10,000 pounds of military rag, every three weeks, We would then have to have it delivered to my warehouse and hope to hell no one had picked any of it.

I can tell you glory stories about finding re-enforced jump sets, badged out tiger stripes and exposed button shirts, lots of rare foreign camo, WWII US & German items, etc. But I can also tell you horror stories of getting 9,000 pounds of dress uniforms, torn up blankets, roached out bdu's, etc.

The worse was a small load, it was 3,390 pounds of military rag. It was all current USAF enlisted dress jackets, with all the buttons removed and the chevrons cut in half. We just took the fork lift and pushed it all into a dumpster.

Just to make us cringe and cry inside, what's the worst (best) thing you've seen shredded?

Schnicklfritz

I think I dated her at one time....

Its actually a real person from Hollywood who has had way to much plastic surgery.

In LA this is quite a common sight.

owen