The complete guide to the Eagle, Globe & Anchor; pre-release orders

teufelhunde.ret

I thought I would pass on this email from the publisher "Just thought you would like to know that (Mike) O'Shea (John) Driscoll are absolutely ecstatic (over the book).

• 2 weeks later...
normaninvasion

My copy just landed about 15 min ago.

Just flipping thru it, I am really blown away. I saw glimpses of this while in the works but it never conveyed the scope of what it fully contains. It has so much more than I thought. I'd like to comment further but need time to soak it in. Tim and Darrell, hope you guys took a well deserved vacation, as I can see why it took a few years to make this happen.

I should also say that this book should appeal to not only the EGA collector but also USMC history and metal insignia aficionados. Jeff

Jumpin Jack

Got my copy yesterday. Certainly up to Bender's high standards. Well researched, and beautifully presented. Tim, you are to be congratulated for a very fine work! Jack

Got mine today, spent an hour thumbing through it, and will dive deeper over my morning coffee. I, too, was surprised to see the extent of stuff outside EGA's covered, and there're some treats for the eyes many may not have seen. NMMC has some crazy stuff in their collection

I received mine yesterday and have only glanced at it...looks to be a must have now-a-days. Top shelf.

I just finished the read, cover to cover and I think it is fantastic. Well worth the wait, and I am sure grateful to the authors, editors, publisher and collectors who contributed. I know several on this forum shared their knowledge and expertise as well as examples from their collection. Thanks again to all those involved. Kevin

normaninvasion

Brig, that was one of the first things I noticed was the NMMC holdings. Also all the face melting early stuff pictured.

Brig, that was one of the first things I noticed was the NMMC holdings. Also all the face melting early stuff pictured.

Which is largely NMMC holdings!

To help clarify: so called "rim numbers" are the first books 1-200 sold by R. Bender. The contributor, autographed books are the special books the author sent from his stash of books. There were only 18 contributor copies sent out. Each contributor book had a special salutation to the individual contributor. They are a very special group!

Just received my copy and from what I have scanned through so far, it really will make an excellent reference for the future. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was number 108 and signed by the author. I had not realized that the first 200 were done that way.

• 1 month later...
teufelhunde.ret

And the complements continue:

Marty Reynolds

Thu 7/28

Hello Mr. Klie,

I have been collecting military memorabilia for many years, in that time I was always interested in adding a book such as your to my reference library. I recently obtained a copy and was apprehensive at first to invest in a reference book as it takes away resources that I can use to purchase items for my collection. I am so glad I took the plunge. I have had EGA’s in my collection that were difficult to date based on the reference books I had on hand. Your book was a God send and now I can date most of them. The variations are not cookie cutter however you can get close enough which works for me. If you have an interest I can share some of the EGA’s I l have in my collection, I am mostly drawn to them because of the details and craftsmanship. I am retired Air Force and my family has been in the military back to the Spanish American War. So my interest is in my DNA. Thank you so much for making a great book. I can only imagine all the work and tedious details you had to consider in developing the final product. As a treat I will share with you a picture of two of my EGA’s I pride in my collection. I think the Span-Am one is rather rare as my understanding not to many were made based on my research. Enjoy!

Marty Reynolds

CMSGT USAF Retired