The complete guide to the Eagle, Globe & Anchor; pre-release orders

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

Five years ago a PM appeared on my screen from an unknown to me, member here. He informed me of a EGA book he had been working on for some time and asked if I was interested in editing the manuscript. Without hesitations I said yes and his first draft was in my hands within days. I won't go into my thoughts regarding the work, he and I have already shared some laughs about that... A few weeks later and the exchange of many emails we had developed a new premise and outline, and so our marathon began. Lord knows I had no idea it would be a five year journey!

As I've stated elsewhere, this work went on for me, typically, about 6 hours per day. More often than not 5-6 days a week and the occasional Sunday. Two plus years later, four drafts later we felt the time was ready to turn it over to the publisher, having reached 300+ pages (3x the number of pages I reviewed in the first draft) and over 2000 color images. The only b&w images used are those of historical nature and both front and rear are pictured.

We also pleased to announce the endorsement of the volume by Col. Driscoll USMC ret. The man who crafted the first and only reference until now. Here are a few of his comments from the forward page:

"This new book on the EGA has been a long awaited and welcomed addition to Marine literature. The author takes the reader on a historical adventure from the first emblems of 1868 thru all the changes in regulations and styles"

"This volume will be the standard reference on the subject. It reads well and has a wonderful design and a treasured addition to any reference library. There are many surprises for Marines, collectors and researchers alike. Tim Klie's book is outstanding, it says it all, a job well done!"

I am pleased to announce on behalf of the author, the book is now in the hands of the printer!!! The approximate delivery date is May 15, 2016. Please note a pre-publication discount of 10% is being offered (by Bender Publishing) to those who place an order with Bender, prior to June. The price of the book is $72.95 and $4.50 shipping. Thanks to all for your patience, we hope you enjoy it as much as we have in putting it together.

You must have made a mistake in the price where you state "The price of the book is $7.95 and $4.50 shipping." What is the correct price? Thanks, Steve

teufelhunde.ret

You must have made a mistake in the price where you state "The price of the book is $7.95 and $4.50 shipping." What is the correct price? Thanks, Steve

Thx Steve, I have corrected the entry (way late here in the east coast)

Long awaited. All of that hard work will create a legacy for decades I am sure. What better way to leave your mark on our hobby. Thanks for the effort, can't wait to get my copy. Kevin

teufelhunde.ret

OK I must be missing something on Bender's site. Where can we go, on the site, to reserve a copy?

I'm sure some one will correct me if mistaken, if you send an email (order) with your info, a invoice will be sent noting your pre-sale order, etc. pls if someone finds out more, pls add here.

normaninvasion

D, That was the longest post I've seen from you in a couple years! When are you going to start on a new title :)

Wonderful news! Looking forward to that new book smell and hopefully learning a lot of good stuff

For more information and a look at the front cover with a few pages go to "bender-publishing.com" click on sidebar "BOOKS" then click on the EGA Book's front cover. If you plan to order go to sidebar "ORDER."

Jumpin Jack

Just talked with Roger Bender regarding release of the ega reference. His best estimate is 15 May for release. I've ordered my copy. Have you ordered yours? Jack