USS Selstrom Patch?

stratasfan

Hi! I found a photo of the patch for the destroyer, USS Sellstrom, on navsource.org for the Sellstrom's page. I was wondering if this is a patch that you can ever find? I just got a pair of navy wings that Ensign Sellstrom gave to his fiance. She was the one who christened this ship, which was named for Ensign Sellstrom.

I would say they are out there it will just take a little time to come across one as this patch was up for bid on eBay last year. I didn't keep a record of what it sold for.

post-1389-0-24610700-1457396432.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks ever so for the fabulous pics! That is beautiful!

I was positive that I saw a place you could buy a repro patch, but now I can't find anywhere now. Does anyone know if there is a place to get one of these? I'd like one for a display.

Patchcollector

Hi! I found a photo of the patch for the destroyer, USS Sellstrom, on navsource.org for the Sellstrom's page. I was wondering if this is a patch that you can ever find? I just got a pair of navy wings that Ensign Sellstrom gave to his fiance. She was the one who christened this ship, which was named for Ensign Sellstrom.

Are you looking for a patch from her DE-255 era,which was what she was first commissioned as?The patch shown on this thread is for her DER-255 designation.

She was Reclassified DER-255 on 21 October 1955.

There may be a differently designed patch for her first designation.

Oh, I didn't know there could be multiple types! So far, this is the only one I've been able to find. I suppose I would go with an earlier one, if there was one, but this one would be fine, too. As it was named after him anyway, it doesn't change that. So, I guess early or later would work, although I'd be interested to see an early one now. I'll take a look at that website, too. Thanks!

Patchcollector

I looked around online a bit and could'nt find an image for DE-255.You may want to go to the USS Selstrom sites and ask around to see if there is another design.

firefighter

I can't seem to find a patch durn her DE-255 service.She was only a "DE" for three years, 43-46. She was decommissioned in 1946 then reclassified a "DER" in 1955. So this maybe the only patch ever worn for the SELLSTROM.