USMC early Harrier helmet

tonycretan

The comms are not the correct ones. Any info on the correct comms needed for this helmet will be appreciated.

Tony.

Do you have any history or background on this helmet? At first I was thinking its a regular old PRK-37 Navy helmet but then I noticed it has the holes for the ear cup strings that the USAF HGU-2/22/26 helmets have yet there are no visible string retainers (snaps) or holes for them since its got the reflective tape job. Also noticed the O2 bayonet recievers are the usual USAF contract ones as Navy and MC helmets usually have Scott or Gentex ones and they are also mounted for the earlier T bayonet type fittings, not the offset J bayonets. The white chin strap also apprears to be a the USAF type from HGUs. I know you mention the comms are incorrect, are the ear cups grey plastic? Apprears to have a USAF H-154 type headset assembly for the HGU series. Also is there a larger rubber grommet in the back of the shell where the CX-4708 headset cable is sticking out? I can clearly see that grommet sticking out not installed in the shell. Any chace to see a pic of the inside of the helmet? I love the velcro for the strobe light cut out in the AV-8 shape.

Do you have any history or background on this helmet? At first I was thinking its a regular old PRK-37 Navy helmet but then I noticed it has the holes for the ear cup strings that the USAF HGU-2/22/26 helmets have yet there are no visible string retainers (snaps) or holes for them since its got the reflective tape job. Also noticed the O2 bayonet recievers are the usual USAF contract ones as Navy and MC helmets usually have Scott or Gentex ones and they are also mounted for the earlier T bayonet type fittings, not the offset J bayonets. The white chin strap also apprears to be a the USAF type from HGUs. I know you mention the comms are incorrect, are the ear cups grey plastic? Apprears to have a USAF H-154 type headset assembly for the HGU series. Also is there a larger rubber grommet in the back of the shell where the CX-4708 headset cable is sticking out? I can clearly see that grommet sticking out not installed in the shell. Any chace to see a pic of the inside of the helmet? I love the velcro for the strobe light cut out in the AV-8 shape.

Unfortunately i don't have any info on this helmet. I got it from a guy who had it in a box for years collecting dust!!

I hope these photos will help you :)

post-159727-0-15070000-1457734840.jpg

post-159727-0-71507900-1457734848.jpg