WAVES Device?

Chief D

I got this device the other day. It looks like a WAVES device but have not seen one quite like this. Any help would be appreciated. It is a pin back and has no hallmarks.

post-160642-0-12304500-1457307991.jpg

post-160642-0-62352700-1457308034.jpg

I got this device the other day. It looks like a WAVES device but have not seen one quite like this. Any help would be appreciated. It is a pin back and has no hallmarks.

. Not sure what it is, but it is not a WAVE device. Those had a ships propeller, and a much finer workmanship.

David Minton

I have a number of WAVES pins and uniforms, and I haven't seen anything like that before. I would tend (as I usually do) to take Steve's opinion on this.

I didnt think that it was a WAVES pin either. But like both of you, I have not seen anything like this. It seems closest to a WAVE pin which is why that was my starting point. The construction I would guess this pin to be 40's but just have no idea what it is.

There are no identifying marks. It is sterling (not marked but tested). I really dont know what it is.

If it is an aircraft prop, that would make it even more interesting. As it has the anchor for nautical. Really would like to figure this one out.