Anyone recognizes these buildings?

Buckshot329

Hi all

I'm thinking these pictures were taken stateside? Does anyone recognize these buildings? I don't know a unit either.

post-60214-0-50301700-1457283055.jpg

"In almost all wars, the sight of foreign troops brought fear and terror to the local people, destruction and often senseless killing of local citizens. However, the sight of the American GI always brought smiles and joy to the local French people. They knew we were there to liberate, not to conquer; to help, not to terrorize."

Captain Leo T. Hury, M-Company, 330th Infantry Regiment, 83rd Infantry Division.

In honor of Captain Leo, March 19, 1920 - June 10, 2012

Profile picture: Pfc. John T. DiMauro, E Company, 331st Infantry Regiment

January 23, 1926 - KIA January 13, 1945 near Langlire, Belgium after 11 days on the frontline

Looking for anything related to the 83rd Infantry Division (1917-today)

Visit my personal website: www.normandytothebulge.be

Learn more about the 83rd Infantry Divison assocation at: www.83rdassociation.com

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

It kind of reminds me of Fort Indiantown Gap.

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

Yep prob in Pennsylvania Fort Indian town Gap built in WWII. Agree with David D. In particular the last set. Although that fort has been there at lease since the Revolution. Not those particular building though.

Could have been Fort Mead MD, or Fort Dix, NJ, or Camp Edwards, Cape Cod Mass....etc...

Those basic WW2 style barracks could be seen at any US installation up through the 90s and even in use today.

They were originally concieved to be more or less temporary, but they remained in service a long time.

It was customary to have a fire watch at nights, which was a two hour rotation.

They were real fire traps if one started and could be engulfed in minutes.

They marched a bunch of us down to where they were tearing down some to clear an area and torched a couple.

Scary to see how fast the went up.

Lots of them were heated from hand fed coal furnaces

Those basic WW2 style barracks could be seen at any US installation up through the 90s and even in use today.

They were originally concieved to be more or less temporary, but they remained in service a long time.

It was customary to have a fire watch at nights, which was a two hour rotation.

They were real fire traps if one started and could be engulfed in minutes.

They marched a bunch of us down to where they were tearing down some to clear an area and torched a couple.

Scary to see how fast the went up.

Lots of them were heated from hand fed coal furnaces

I think a lot of them had Southern Yellow pine floor boards etc and some of that was basically fat wood with the tar pitch a great fire starter fuel!!

Since these type of mobilization barracks were constructed at most all Army installations, pinning it down to a particular place that got snow may prove difficult.

Mike hit the nail on the head - these could be virtually anywhere.

That is an interesting structure in the background.