Painted G-1

tonycretan

pathfinder505

Nice jacket and looks like he got a couple of migs First ones I have ever seen on a jacket

The girl is painted in the same pose as "little rock blonde" from The Art of The Flight Jacket minus the blonde hair.

post-117117-0-79635500-1457142657.jpg

phantomfixer

I remember that A-2!! the vet/owner had a killer bar in one of the pics right? he had a flat top or high and tight haircut..was mixing a drink..anyway ...

This is a nice jacket Tony but it has me a bit puzzled. I don't think there ever was a "VF-34". I know the smoking skull insignia was used by A-6 Intruder squadron VA-34 : https://www.intruderassociation.org/squadrons/va34.html

The A-6 never shot down any MIGs that I know of!

When the A-6 was retired, VA-34 became VFA-34 when equipped with the F-18 Hornet.

Still a cool piece but not 100% sure about it.

-Derek

Wasn't there a VF-34 squadron on the USS Leyte Gulf in the Korean War that flew F4 corsairs or were they a land based USMC fighter squadron?

This is a nice jacket Tony but it has me a bit puzzled. I don't think there ever was a "VF-34". I know the smoking skull insignia was used by A-6 Intruder squadron VA-34 : https://www.intruderassociation.org/squadrons/va34.html

The A-6 never shot down any MIGs that I know of!

When the A-6 was retired, VA-34 became VFA-34 when equipped with the F-18 Hornet.

Still a cool piece but not 100% sure about it.

-Derek

Derek i am pretty sure that this is a novelty jacket!! The jacket is a genuine item and i believe that the painting was added later. It is seems old but not that old!! A-6's for sure never shot down any plane!!! An A-4 shot down a MiG once..with a Zuni rocket!!!

The jacket is in excellent condition, looks like a war relic and...it is my size :):)

See the attached photo, another custom painted G-1, wonderful artwork but not a WWII jacket...guess what!! It fits me like a glove :)

Tony

post-159727-0-14340000-1457190660.jpg

Ah, very good Tony that makes sense now. It is a super looking jacket I agree as is your F6F painted jacket! I too would be happy to wear them if they fit :)

-Derek