Some kind of arming device?

Jonsey

I've kicked this around for years never exactly know what it is. Perhaps an arming device for an aircraft bomb? Dont know. Any thoughts?

Jeff

post-158329-0-77859700-1457121310.jpg

I don't know what it is but the mark that looks like an airplane could be a German acceptance stamp.

Ray

Looks like it is aviation related to me. The symbol on the metal tag looks like a Boeing Logo with an inspector's number above the symbol.

post-10825-0-19600400-1457132869.jpeg

I believe It's an emergency release mechanism for an aircraft door...I've seen these attributed to B-17 Waist Doors

Could be arming pins for an ejection seat. I know the T-33 seat had 3 pins and all were connected by a cloth cord. This could be something similar.

I think you are spot on in regards to the release pull off a B17. I got a couple other things along with the release pull that also came from a B17 a few years ago. A alarm bell and the Boeing cap off the steering yoke.

Sure. Here is the story with it. Back of the yoke has some of the story penciled in and also scratched in. I cant remember how much I researched it.post-158329-0-91304300-1457224891.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was a Pilot Fred L Roscoe here:

http://www.388bg.info/servlet/Controller?pageType=detail&id=388-C399&dataType=Crew

I believe he was a Co-pilot with the same squadron on a prior tour. Couldnt find anything else on the guy though prior, and it looks like that squadron lost quite a few B-17s during that period....

Edit: This was in his 1959 Obit: "During the war, Mr. Roscoe flew' 35 missions over Europe as an 8th Air Force B-17 pilot." I think its safe to assume he flew two tours, and a pretty good chance the A/C was assigned to the 388th BG (possibly even the 563rd Squadron).

Looks like his early death was due to an A/C accident while operating as a private shuttle/airline.