Combat Infantryman Badge in Action; Photos of CIBs being worn

rd12

Frederick McClellan Sr. This is only picture I have found of what appears to be a bullion CIB with custom ribbon rack being worn.

post-122639-0-83656600-1457046319.jpg

Left to right; Col. Erwin O. Gibson, CO, 65th Inf Regt; Col. James O. Boswell, CO, 7th Inf Regt; Maj. Gen. Robert H. Soule; Col. Thomas A. O'Neal, CO, 15th Inf Regt; Oct.19, 1951 ( Soldier far right UNK )

Nice pic showing wear of metal CIBs on combat uniform.

post-122639-0-82982600-1457046855.jpg

GEN Fred Mahaffey, one of the youngest four-star generals ever (promoted in 1985 at the age of 51). His career was cut short a year later when he died of cancer.

My favorite thing about this picture is the General's ribbon bar. It interesting what ribbons he chose to wear, and obviously that he chose not to wear many. Compare this to picture of GEN Petraeus for example.

post-122639-0-50093900-1457368303.jpg

Cobra 6 Actual

Einer Ingman

Thanks, Bob ... This soldier was a serious butt-kicker. He definitely earned that MOH and our respect. May he RIP!

As for General Mahaffey ... wow!

My favorite thing about this picture is the General's ribbon bar. It interesting what ribbons he chose to wear, and obviously that he chose not to wear many. Compare this to picture of GEN Petraeus for example.

Uniforms look so much cleaner when only the "top 3" are worn... I wish that had been mandatory when I was in! Sooo much "bling" on Army dress uniforms nowadays...

CIBs on fishtail parkas

President Eisenhower and Sargent Virgil Hutcherson, Squad Leader, Co. “B”, 15th Infantry Regiment, 3rd US Infantry Division, eat dinner in Korea. December 4, 1952.

post-117117-0-83286600-1457603950.jpg

Here a couple of CIB worn during the war.

Good ones Marksman, always interesting to see it worn in actual field conditions or in actual combat in WWII.

post-34986-0-03914800-1458017763.jpg

Wanted to add this one, it's a still from the 1963 Twilight Zone Episode In Praise of Pip. It's really the second T.V. series of the day to mention the Vietnam War and America's involvement in it when it aired in September 1963, it's also more importantly, the time where the CIB is re-instituted for the then current war there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Praise_of_Pip

Foto from Twilight Museum site