Combat Infantryman Badge in Action; Photos of CIBs being worn

rd12

There is another thread on the forum I enjoy following dedicated to photographs of SSIs being worn so I thought why not show CIBs being worn as well.

Cobra 6 Actual

Very cool, Bob. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos to add to the mix, but I'm sure others will be posting them!

Hey Guys,

Well, it's the same as my avatar, but here's my Dad in 1946 showing his. Sorry, not the clearest pic, but it works.

Thanks,

James

post-159199-0-95653300-1456960197.jpg

post-159199-0-19396200-1456960474.jpg

You're welcome, James. Do you have one of your Dad's CIB's?

I wish I did Joe, my dad said my grandma let the kids play with his medals after the war and you know the rest of the story. I finally talked him into getting them reissued, which he did in 1991. : )

Cobra 6 Actual

I wish I did Joe, my dad said my grandma let the kids play with his medals after the war and you know the rest of the story. I finally talked him into getting them reissued, which he did in 1991. : )

Sorry to hear that, James. It's an all too common story, unfortunately. At least you have the reissued set.

As long as Rd12 started this great thread with the photos of CIB's in action I wonder if y'all have noticed the proliferation of CIB's as tattoos? Bob, bear with me, I was just browsing the Internet and was surprised to see so many of our current and former soldiers with these tattoos. These -- I may be stretching it -- are "CIB's being worn". Obviously, not collectible by us (at least I hope not), but it speaks to the high personal value that these troops place on their CIB's.

Great pictures you guys have added, anyone have any pictures of bullion CIBs being worn?

Joe, quite a few of my friends had CIB tattoos done when we returned from Iraq. Tattoos were very popular in general when I was in, and I'm sure they still are today. Some guys went a little overboard with tabs, badges, etc...

We called them "DD-214 tattoos"

Cobra 6 Actual

Great pictures you guys have added, anyone have any pictures of bullion CIBs being worn?

Joe, quite a few of my friends had CIB tattoos done when we returned from Iraq. Tattoos were very popular in general when I was in, and I'm sure they still are today. Some guys went a little overboard with tabs, badges, etc...

We called them "DD-214 tattoos"

Thanks, Bob ... must be a more current era thing then. I have a jump wings tattoo, but way back in the 60's I'd never heard of a CIB tattoo. Sorry for the thread drift!