M1941 Mermite Craigslist find

TheGrayGhost

More great pictures! I guess I should add that I picked up the set in the first post for $20 on Craigslist.

I got one for $20 as well at a flea market not too long ago, but have since sold it. But didn't have all the accessories with it or anything.

TheGrayGhost

Seems the market is heating up on these, wasn't too long ago you could get a complete unit for $250. Looks like a few guys here have gotten a good deal.

I ended up with three of these things, all from local sales and the most I paid was $80. The one here was the only complete unit and luckily didn't need a restoration. The other two I have restored and have been piecing together the contents. After all of the discussion in this thread, I am thinking of turning one of the restorations into a Blood Bank unit, would be a neat addition to the display and a nice place to keep those drinks cold!

• 2 weeks later...

I was showing my M41 mermites to someone yesterday and he asked what they were insulted with.

I don't have a clue. Does anyone know what they used? Whatever it is, it works really well. Wouldn't shock me to find it's asbestos or something equally harmful...

• 4 years later...
On 6/30/2016 at 11:22 PM, UPNATM said:

A couple of good shots here. You can see in the bottom pic, that the mermite is bare metal, and not

enameled.

post-534-0-31109000-1467325126.jpg

post-534-0-94069300-1467325143.jpg

Does anybody have a high res copy of the first photograph?