Repro Wac hobby hat

phil.co1

This is a good copy I picked up over here in the UK. Its too small for my missus so want to get a larger size but don`t know who made it. Any idea of maker anyone.

post-108057-0-20564700-1456748648.jpg

post-108057-0-17598500-1456748656.jpg

General Apathy

This is a good copy I picked up over here in the UK. Its too small for my missus so want to get a larger size but don`t know who made it. Any idea of maker anyone.

Hi phil.co1, I would believe that would be me then when I had a store in Bournemouth, if I had slack time in the store I would make these maybe one a week just to fill in time and also for female collectors, I did a chocolate officers version as well. Made these around 2002-04 period, I had trained as a tailor when I first left school.

Lewis.

Hi phil.co1, I would believe that would be me then when I had a store in Bournemouth, if I had slack time in the store I would make these maybe one a week just to fill in time and also for female collectors, I did a chocolate officers version as well. Made these around 2002-04 period, I had trained as a tailor when I first left school.

Lewis.

WOW! Is there anything that you can't do???

...Kat

General Apathy

WOW! Is there anything that you can't do???

...Kat

Hi Kat, well I just nearly spilt my drink all over the place when I saw this topic come up, been so long ago I had almost forgotten them, really was done just filling time rather than a full blown operation.

Lewis.

Hi Lewis, thanks for reply. If you fancy making another one let me know as the repro ones on the market are pretty poor. Material is nice too was it off the shelf or original?

Phil

General Apathy

Hi Lewis, thanks for reply. If you fancy making another one let me know as the repro ones on the market are pretty poor. Material is nice too was it off the shelf or original?

Phil

Hi phil, sorry to tell you I don't sew anything these days other than canvas seats for my Jeep, and jean repairs. it was fun to see one of the hats again though as I had never bothered to photograph manufacture or a finished hat, sent a copy of your photo onto my daughter out of interest.

Lewis