Vietnam Reproductions: Southwest Series

gwb123

Yep, I would say it is and part of this series. Apparently these sold very well because a number of them have shown up.

Thats what I thought, but wasn't a 100% sure. I noticed that the motto shown in #10 has, SO OTHERS MAY LIVE & mine has SO THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE.

Thats what I thought, but wasn't a 100% sure. I noticed that the motto shown in #10 has, SO OTHERS MAY LIVE & mine has SO THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE.

Ah, but that was part of this vendor's genius... he would make patches with slight variations so that collectors would keep coming back and buying more!

Ah, but that was part of this vendor's genius... he would make patches with slight variations so that collectors would keep coming back and buying more!

LoL!!

vintageproductions

When he made and sold these pieces, he always salted one or two real pieces into the dealer piles. Nothing ever rare, but always at least one real piece. Whenever I would see a new pile of these appear at a show, I would always search the lot to pull out the original pieces.

When he made and sold these pieces, he always salted one or two real pieces into the dealer piles. Nothing ever rare, but always at least one real piece. Whenever I would see a new pile of these appear at a show, I would always search the lot to pull out the original pieces.

Typical trick to draw people in.

The best version I saw of this was another vendor who used to run a sales list from Germany. (He was a retired US Army vet.) His lists always had two patches sold together. When you got them, one (usually the less exotic one) would be real and the other one would be a very nicely made Pakistani reproduction! So much for getting a bargain through the 2 for 1 special!