FM BAR 1918A2 (IBM-1943)

totoroblochon

totoroblochon

Hey guys ! im new on this forum and that's my first post.

today i show my most amazing pieces (in US)

its an IBM FM BAR 1918A2 dating March 1943 (IBM producting around only 20 000 BAR during ww2 and stop it in 1945)
that's interesting becasue the cross who is made with bakélit is producting By Firestone ! the famous Liner Maker.

if administrator the the paper of neutralization i can put it here (in my country its an obligation)

let's goooo ! :love:

post-162075-0-93477900-1456570412.jpg

post-162075-0-63332700-1456570430.jpg

post-162075-0-79160500-1456570437.jpg

post-162075-0-21894900-1456570442.jpg

Welcome aboard! You bring with you a very nice BAR specimen to share with us all. This is a piece I am lacking in my collection, but I still hold out hope. I look forward to other such prizes in the coming future. Jack

totoroblochon

hey guys ! nice to meet you and thanks for reply !

Jack, i had one chance to get one, I did not hesitate because it is so hard to find complete. may be in USA its too easy to found one ? in france is ... very very very very hard for not say impossible.

Garandomatic, english neutralized ... man if you saw inside ... you cry and i cry with you ... if i had the time i do some photo's of the BAR outside in my garden under french sun ! and may be inside the monster.

i must put the paper of neutralization ? or not ? i don't want any problem's

Nico'

Very very Nice! You do not have to post the papers. They are very uncommon in the US also. Thanks for posting it. It is a fine looking gun.

BKW

totoroblochon

Hey guys ! wow too much messages ! where start

I put the last photos for today ... im new and limited to 3 reply ... :( other's photo tomorrow ...

- ccyooper and squad leader thanks !

- Brian th'ats okay for paper cool !

-2ad82Recon, Man you can't speak without photo's ! show me that ! haha ! B)

-Sundance that's an interesting observation !! where are localized the IBM factory(s) ? verry interessting if you had information i take it ! thank's !

-Omaha44 i hate speak money in my collection ... i reply at all the people who say this question "i pay the price of passion" when you love somethink you don't look the price ! (but your little girlfriend did it :wacko: )

-268 th CA my dream is to shot with a real BAR ... a day may be ! i believe it !

post-162075-0-35583900-1456591933.jpg

Welcome on board! Your BAR looks awesome! The deactivation seems to be well done. Its a shame what european collectors will endure, if our politicans get what they want in coming April. Greetings from Germany!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. My Dad was a BAR man on Okinawa in 1945. I've never seen one in person, so I appreciate seeing all your pictues.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to you. I'm from France too, and the BAR is one of my favourite part in collection. I have two 1918A2 BAR, two 1918BAR Winchester upgraded to A2.

You should find a 1st model bipod for your BAR, it's better with the barrel dated 1943.