US light tanks Part 1

Lone Star Models

Lone Star Models

All of the "Stuart " family models I am presenting here are now close to 40 years old. They were all built using the old 1/35 scale Tamiya M3A1 diesel kit. That was all there was for many years, warts and all.

First up is a heavy conversion into an M1A1 Combat Car as used by General Patton in the Louisiana Maneuvers. Followed by an M2A1 as used by the U.S. Marines on the Canal and third the M3"Honey as used in North Africa by the 3RTR

post-88013-0-01579300-1456529568.jpg

post-88013-0-07686400-1456529588.jpg

post-88013-0-77931000-1456529665.jpg

Nice.

What armored division is displayed on Patton's tank?

Patton established the Desert Training Center near Yuma, AZ. But did he ever lead an exercise there? Maybe had a command vehicle there, too?

Ist Armored Corps?

Erwin

2d Armored Division

Patton took command of the division on 4 April 1941 and led it through both the Carolina and Louisiana Maneuvers, which is when he used this M1A1 Combat Car. He took command of 1st Armored Corps on 15 Jan 1942 and established the Desert Training Center in March 1942.

Correctomundo B229.

It's seen here in B/W on this forum post #93, photo posted by former USMF member JCFalkenbergIII.

http://www.ww2f.com/topic/18358-louisiana-maneuvers-1940-1941/page-4

We're lucky to have this to view, when he dropped out of USMF he somehow removed/deleted all his photo postings, I think they where Image hostings of or some sort.

Lone Star Models

Nice.

What armored division is displayed on Patton's tank?

Patton established the Desert Training Center near Yuma, AZ. But did he ever lead an exercise there? Maybe had a command vehicle there, too?

This is 2nd Armored. Patton was photographed in this vehicle for the cover of Life Magazine in I believe 1941? It was the Louisiana Maneuvers. He had an up armored White Scout Car that he used but not sure if it was stateside or North Africa.

I have that Life magazine around here someplace.

Mike