New 37th ID patch display

2ndInf.Div.

After several months of collecting, I was able to expand my display from a small riker mount to a large riker mount, and was able to completely fill it. I went to the fabric store the other day and purchased material for an OD background, and I couldn't be more pleased.

These are all arranged in order from approximate dates of manufacture. The two bottom right patches might be earlier, but they are a curiosity.

Cool story on the 3rd patch to the right in the bottom row. It (an already rare and desirable patch) came with two other engineer and seahorse patches and belonged to Walter Bishop, commander of the 112th Engineers. They were detached from the 37th and sent to England right after Pearl Harbor, and landed in support of the 116th IR on D-Day. My guess is he continued to wear it after they were detached, OR it could be a patch from his pre-war days at Camp Shelby. Either way, I love it!

post-80799-0-76322200-1456433741.jpeg

Patchcollector

Great display and some nice variations!I've been thinking about displaying some of mine in a similar manner.I'm debating on whether to use a background or just mount them in a double glass frame so that both sides can be viewed.

The double glass frame would be pretty cool, actually. There's 2-3 other greenbacks in there, but I turned the one around as it is a rare variation without the middle filled in....only one I've seen. Picked it up from fellow member Allan H. at the SOS.

I was also able to acquire this at the show. The seller had it labeled as theatre made, but I haven't been able to confirm that. Either way, a cool variation.

post-80799-0-38622300-1456434596.jpeg

Well done display! The OD backing looks great and much better than the generic backing fill that comes with the riker mounts. I also like the idea of double glass. Patches can be tough to display because some (greenback, gemsco) you want to see backs as well