(Medical) backpack

Peter B

Never realized that the Dutch reproduced us ww2 gear after the war !, I do know that they used ww2 us surplus to fill in the gabs. ( like the scabbard M1A1 carrying the folding stock carbine )

Thanks Peter.

I have found the following Dutch clone items so far:

-USMC M1941 suspenders

-USMC M1941 pack set (I do not have one in my collection yet, but have seen them for sale on marktplaats.nl)

-carrying bag for bazooka rounds

-pick-mattock carrier

-first-aid pouch

-M1936 pistol belt

-M1 carbine magazine pockets

-axe cover

-M1944 suspenders (I am pretty sure about these)

Most of these items were used specifically by the Korps Mariniers, but some, like the carbine pouches, were also used by the KL and KLu. I am sure that there are other pieces I have not discovered yet.

never mind just found s picture on the forum. Plywoods are more common right?

Yup, way more common!

Does anybody have an example of the medical bag that was designed for the plywood packboard? Specifically noting the attachment straps arrangement? I have two med bags, one has wide loops that go over the upper horns of the Yukon board, and a second which does not have wide loops, but the narrow webbing is a strap and buckle. Yet this one too appears to be intended to go on the Yukon board as it fits much better than it does on the plywood board.

Does anybody have an example of the medical bag that was designed for the plywood packboard? Specifically noting the attachment straps arrangement? I have two med bags, one has wide loops that go over the upper horns of the Yukon board, and a second which does not have wide loops, but the narrow webbing is a strap and buckle. Yet this one too appears to be intended to go on the Yukon board as it fits much better than it does on the plywood board.

The Pack with 3 straps at the top will fit onto the Plywood Packboard; the straps go through the large slot and the corner holes at the top of the Board.

I had originally had the three strap version on a plywood frame before locating a Yukon board, question is I know this configuration fits, but was there a separate medical bag designed specifically for the plywood frame? Or are these just variants with different strap configurations to be used interchangeably, with the exception of the "wide" loop version for the yukon frame?

There was not a design made solely for the Plywood Board that I'm aware of; even the "wide loop" Pack can be mounted to a Plywood, but the 3-strap just works a little better.